Terms & Legal
Effective since September 1, 2020.
Unmet Desire (UD in short), a name into lifestyle and luxury products for Spatial and Personal Styling; conceptualize, develop and sell some of the finest products into Furniture, Home Décor, Office Accessories, Barware, Travel, and Fashion Accessories.
We collect information from you directly and/or indirectly in the following ways:
- Information that you provide to us about yourself (including your name and address, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, phone number) during your registration process on our website. By providing these details to Unmet Desire, you enable us to serve you with your selected services.
- Information, like purchase details, preference details, relevant payment details that you provide to us during your purchase on our online platform.
- We also collect information about you when you interact/contact/communicate with us through e-mail.
- We collect information like your e-mail address through our 3rd party service provider when you subscribe to our e-newsletter.
- We also collect information about our visitors (including registered and non-registered) to our platform through first and third-party cookies. You can read the details under the heading “Information we collect automatically through cookies” below.
We will use the information we collect from you to:
- Manage, process, and deliver your order.
- Do the after-sale service.
- Process and facilitate return and refund activities.
- Facilitate any payment and legal dispute.
- Communicate regarding your order status, new product or service announcements, a new offer, events, more personalized offerings, and/or legal or administrative purposes.
- Manage our accounts and records internally and for legal/regulatory purposes.
- Conduct research and surveys to improve our products and services that we provide to our visitors/customers.
- Send marketing and promotional communication that we think may be of interest to you where we have a legitimate basis to do so. (Please refer “Permission and Choices” section below on how you can control the use of your information by us.)
We will use your information wherever we think is required to fulfill your purpose of visit on our platform depending based on your given consent. You may withdraw/alter your consent (for example to stop receiving any promotional email from us) anytime by contacting us (please refer the section “Contact Us” for more details). We also process your information where this is necessary for the performance of this contract with you or where it is necessary for our legitimate interest in operating, protecting, and improving our business.
What is a cookie?
Types of cookies
There are two broad categories of cookies that we use.
- First party cookies, that are downloaded on to your device directly by Unmet Desire to recognize your device and your revisit on our website.
- Third-party cookies that are downloaded on to your device by third-party service providers to know when it visits other platforms. They are mostly used for website or mobile application analytics and advertisement purposes.
Cookies may remain on your device for different periods. Unmet Desire uses both ‘session cookies’ and ‘permanent cookies’. Session cookies remain on your device till the time your browser is open and automatically gets deleted when you close the browser. Opposite of session cookies, permanent cookies remain on your device even when you close the browser and can be used to recognize your device when you open your browser and browse the internet again.
How to control or delete cookies?
As a visitor or registered user, you have complete freedom to control or delete cookies that our service providers or we download on your device. Cookies are meant to enhance the functionality of the platform in many ways. However, If you wish not to accept the cookies on your device, you may not use the complete features of our platform.
You can set cookies preference by changing browser settings so that cookies from this platform cannot be placed on your device. To do this, please follow the instructions given by your browser (generally given in the browser settings).
To know more about cookies including how to see what cookies have been placed on your device and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
The platform uses services of third parties like network advertisers, ad exchanges to serve you ads on third-party platforms after you leave our platforms. We also use third-party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of our platforms, viewing of our ads, and our content. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on your visit to the platform you visited. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products and services that you might be interested in.
We do not share your personal information with any non-affiliated people or companies except under the following circumstances.
- We will share your information with third parties for the purpose of online and payment services or any other services, which are required for the purpose specified in ‘Information we collect’ and ‘How we use your information’ above.
- We will share your information with any enforcement agency, court, government authority, or any regulatory body if we think this is necessary to share to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of third parties.
This is our utmost priority to safeguard your information and give you as safe and secure environment as possible to use our platforms. We store all your information on a secured network and conduct regular checks for vulnerability. We protect your information using technical, physical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risk of any loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of your information. We have incorporated industry-standard technologies like Secure Socket layer (SSL) to safeguard your information. However, where we ask our users to choose a password to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible to keep a secure password and keeping that confidential. You should choose a password, which is non-predictable, is a combination of alphanumeric and special characters, and you have not used it on any other platform.
If you have any concerns, please email us at the given email address in the heading ‘Contact Us’ section below.
Pocket-3, Plot No. -Q-12, J J Colony, Sector 16A, Dwarka, South West Delhi, Delhi, 110078, India